Are you interested in assisting youth in the Southern Illinois area with chess-related activities?
Southern Illinois Chess needs you! We’re actively seeking parents and community volunteers to assist with:
- Lending support to school chess events
- Offering transportation to other school matches (when permitted by school districts)
- Assisting with registration at chess tournament and events
- Bring and serve refreshments and operating concession stand
- Assist with writing newsletter and taking photos
- Helping with fundraising efforts in the Southern Illinois area
- Assisting with recording results, passing out awards, and helping in countless other ways!
The Parent Boost Club can also influence the school board, principal, and activities director as to the importance of chess and district chess programs.
Please contact us and let us know you’re interested in assisting with future events! Please be sure to include your email address and/or phone number, so we can contact you about future upcoming activities.